The buried Sun.

* story.. *

When I was 4 years old, I had a happy life with my heroic,handsome and loving father and a lovely mother. I was the only child so, i was special to both of them. We lived in USA, Chicago. My Father was Pakistani and mother was an Indian but I was never taught about the difference in these two states. 

Everything was amazing. i was so happy. when i turned 10 (ten), I had a Big birthday party. All my friends were invited. It was a happiest day of my life. I got Many boxes wrapped with shinny colorful gift wraps, it raised my excitement.

After a Big celebration it was time to go back home as it was too late. It was a special day so my dad promised me that I'll be allowed to unwrap half of my gifts right after we reach home, rest of them will be a surprise for me til morning. My Father was placing my presents in the trunk of the car and i was helping him to carry the presents to the parking area. Mother was with her friends having bye bye chat. I handover my presents n turned back to take the remaining presents. Suddenly I heard a Boom sound. An intense fear occurred in me when I turned back, it was my father lying on the road side, covered with blood. i Screamed with terror "Papa!!". I ran after him but my uncle grabbed me and said,"Don't panic, Don't panic, your papa will be alright." Carried me to his car on the opposite side of the road. I was crying too loud but my uncle told me to calm down and be a strong girl while i saw my relatives picking my father up. The ambulance arrived in no time. I saw my mum crying.. Her friends stood beside her. 

I was taken to my aunt's house for the night. I felt so uncomfortable staying to her house with out any of my parent. I kept requesting to take me to my father but all i heard was the same answer: "Your father and mother will be home soon, pray for good for him and sleep, we'll take you to your in the morning." It was not an answer i wanted to hear. I was so scared to loose my papa. I prayed with wet eyes, looking out of the window. It was a dark with a full moon lighting through clouds. I wondered I was thinking tonight was a happiest day of my life ,"Not at all." i murmured to myself, i had no idea this was going to happen. But I cleared myself that I'll meet father and mother in the morning and it was so far enough for me to relax n sleep. 

At around 8 am I got up and was asked to leave my bed to go to my house to change my clothes. I was happy that I'm gonna meet papa today. . . I changed my dress, styled my hair and got into my aunt's car. I asked her, "Am i gonna meet papa today?" aunt did not reply to my question. I asked "How is papa?" she replied, "everyone is fine. I want u to relax." when car stopped i saw it was a grave yard. I got out of the car and looked around to see a hospital. My mum was stepping forward. She looked at me brsuhed my hair with her fingers and Said, "Your papa loves you, he says you're a big girl now. He wants you to be happy and not to cry." I was puzzled. did not know what to say,what to think. Then my mum took my hand and walked into the grave yard. I saw my father lying... rest i can not define. I felt so lonely, so upset, cursed. It was the most terrifying nightmare i ever had in my life. I wanted to scream out loud to get out of this nightmare. Sadly i couldn't .

I got into depression for years. Showed poor grades. Had no fun in the neighborhood, school.. But as time passed my griefs, scars,depression faded away. I tried To pray for my father whenever i missed him and this praying made me strong. Closer to God, closer to the fact that every one have to leave this world.

previously posted on : ambiguous-cosmos.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-buried-sun.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This can happen to anybody

Unexpected ever after chapter #1